[LINK] CIA honeypot WikiLeaks mirror

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Sun Dec 12 11:33:59 AEDT 2010

Jon Seymour wrote:

> Or uploading the leaks - just on the off chance that those doing the
> distribution forget to use Tor or some other kind intermediation:-). [
> Hey, if disintermediation is a word, then intermediation certainly is
> ]. They might also want to make sure that they have full access to a
> copy of what the other mirrors have, and perhaps a small amount of
> warning about what is coming next.

Dunno if WikiLeaks central updates itself before its mirrors, but
it does seem to be the case. A press release distancing WikiLeaks
from Anonymous has appeared on the parent site:

http://wikileaks.ch/articles/2010/Statement-on-DDOS-attacks.html

and does appear on some mirrors I checked, and all have the same
last modification date in the HTTP headers.

Regarding monitoring uploads from WikiLeaks, I suppose the CIA or
other arm of the state could identify rsync+SSH traffic, but not
the content of that traffic.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
      -- Thomas Jefferson