[LINK] Coyote Linux

Steven Clark steven.clark at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 6 12:18:33 AEDT 2010

On 6/01/2010 10:14 AM, Stilgherrian wrote:
> On 06/01/2010, at 10:30 AM, stephen at melbpc.org.au quoted the blurb:
>
>> http://brazilfw.sourceforge.net
>>
>> Brazilfw is a mini-distribution designed for setting up network utility services such as Internet connection sharing, firewalling, or wireless access points.
>>
>> Its goal is to make it as quick and easy as possible to set up a Linux
>> system with only a minimal amount of Linux knowledge.
>>
> Translated: The goal is to have even more networks on the planet managed by people who don't actually know anything about networking but think it's all just so "cool".
>
> This will, somehow, be an improvement. ;)

Like a lot of home-built FLOSS, I doubt this person has any such lofty
ambitions.

Though if random householders are going to venture into networking,
usable *and* robust tools are needed. I suspect this will still be
largely restricted to those with more than a modicum of Linux/Unixen
know-how: especially as the command prompt is apt to scare many/most
GUI-tethered technophiles.

[I tend to think of this kind of distro to be more like iphone apps than
os replacements per se ...]

--
Steven//