[LINK] smart meter program

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Wed Jan 20 17:22:25 AEDT 2010

 From $600 million to $2.25BILLION. They are already charging people
on their bills for the meters even though they aren't installed yet.
How is that within any semblance of Fair Trading requirements? "Here,
honey, pay for this device, and if the program manages to meet it's
objectives, you just might see some benefit in about 4 years." This
is in Victoria. I haven't seen it on my bill yet.

The world has gone mad. Or maybe it's just governments. I just heard
this project described as the Myki of the electrical industry. Of
course that was said by an opposition leader who has about as much
cred in the community as George Bush.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com