[LINK] Australia Post's new web site preview

Paul Bolger pbolger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 18:03:54 AEDT 2010

> I find the constantly-changing graphic a bit annoying. Blocking
> javascript fixes that, without losing any functionality of consequence.

You can just hit the pause button to stop it too. Maybe it could set a
cookie with the user's preference, so that if you pause the slideshow
and come back later it stays paused.

> I'm not a fan of drop-down menus, though they do cram a lot into a small
> space. Have you considered plain-vanilla HTML, or at least minimising
> the XHTML and scripting?

I'm not a huge fan of drop-downs/fly-outs etc either. The site map
http://preview.auspost.com.au/sitemap.html is pretty well a plain
vanilla version of the home page, although minus the 'I want to'
section - which is what a lot of visitors will be wanting.

I think it's pretty good overall. The only suggestion I have might be
to make an accessible (all on one page with no clicking between
sections) version of the 'I want to' section. And maybe put the
sitemap link up the top too. It's a bit too useful to be buried down
the bottom.