[LINK] Newspapers online

David Goldstein wavey_one at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 21:37:07 AEDT 2010

Ivan and Karl, mention the large readership of Indian and Chinese newspapers. But they are not global players like several British or American news outlets. Plus the markets may be large but there is little money. Hence why, as many people say, Google pulled out of China. They made very little money there and so their decision was very easy.

Newspapers such as The Guardian and New York Times are widely read throughout the world.

And once people get over the anti-Murdoch sentiment that pervades this list, people might have a reasonable debate on the pluses and minuses of paywalls for news content. At least the press in the UK has been debating this with interesting points for and against.

David