[LINK] National Broadband Network - except it's not national.

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri May 7 12:03:59 AEST 2010

Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
<snip>
> Do they have to go to the interconnect providers on a link by link
> basis? Or does NBN Co do that?
>
> Is the NBN, as seen by the users (ISPs and Joe Sixpack) a single virtual
> network or not?

This seemed to be what was being suggested at the forum I
attended in sydney sometime back.

My interpretation is they are attempting to implement the
same model as used for electricity...with OS and intercity
links the equivalent of power stations. And satellite and
wireless links instead of generators and solar collectors for
remote area...but I haven't read the report!

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://ramin.com.au