[LINK] Priorities [WAS: Battery back-up mandatory for NBN?]

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sun Nov 7 09:51:54 AEDT 2010

On 5/11/2010 11:36 AM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
 > ... If we had $43b to spend only once, ...
OK, _if_ we assume that $43 billion of taxpayer's money is to be spent
(which is not true), then dividing that figure by the population yields
approximately $2,000 per head. That is to be spent over eight years:
$250 per year. Which is about $5 per week or 70 cents per day.

Coupled with the fact that, as a nation, we have income rather than a
static fortune, does that bring the matter into perspective?

--
David Boxall                    |  The more that wise people learn
                                |  The more they come to appreciate
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  How much they don't know.
                                                         --Confucius