[LINK] Numbering/identification systems

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Thu Oct 28 14:16:06 AEDT 2010

On 28/10/2010 1:36 PM, Max Devlin wrote:
> On 28 October 2010 09:15, Bernard Robertson-Dunn<brd at iimetro.com.au>  wrote:
>
>> Over time, a device can be used by multiple people.
> Yes. Although in practicality mobiles/skype are usualy answered by the
> owner of the number. Its 100pc in case of calls I make and know about.
My scope is greater than yours...

The device could be in a public place, or at a corporate location, etc.

The person needs to be  decoupled from the device - just like an
internet address is decoupled from a physical location. The question
would appear to be - who owns the information that links the person to a
device at a particular moment in time.

The side issues of potential solutions then fall very much into the
domain of privacy and risk.

--

Regards
brd