[LINK] Benefits of a digital economy enabled by the National Broadband Network

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Sep 22 14:48:35 AEST 2010

At 10:01 AM 22/09/2010, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>The $43billion has to come from somewhere:\
>*taxes
>*superfunds
>*private investors
>
>Those in favour of the NBN could deman that their super fund
>invests.

They probably already will be if there are bonds issued to pay for
it. I'm surprised their isn't more talk about bond financing.
Costello killed the bond market here, IIRC. I don't get it. Why have
a AAA credit rating if you're not going to use it? Why not let the
public invest in public infrastructure? Is this not part of the
Australian way? I grew up with 'savings bonds' in the US in the 50s
to pay for all sorts of things. They were guaranteed and paid a
decent rate. It was a good way to introduce saving to kids.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/