[LINK] History and the NBN

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sat Sep 25 12:39:50 AEST 2010

  Well, by the time Senator Richard Alston made his famous "gambling and
porn" remark:

http://www.abc.net.au/insidebusiness/content/2002/s658096.htm

...Whirlpool noted that there was already an ALP proposal to respond to
the lack of broadband by getting cable to all homes (noted here,
unfortunately can't find the story on the Oz it refers to):

http://whirlpool.net.au/news/?id=956&show=replies

So: in 2002 the ALP was already fretting about a lack of broadband in
Australia...

RC