[LINK] Carrier IQ

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 08:34:24 AEDT 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 00:13, Ivan Trundle <ivan at itrundle.com> wrote:
> Now that developer Trevor Eckhart has discovered logging software installed on most Android, Blackberry and Nokia phones, and with far-reaching implications of what that data can be used for, I had anticipated an outcry.

My take is this is a government-sanctioned backdoor that NSA et al can
use to hack "Persons of Interest" by the security and insecurity
forces.

Of course the legal front will be that only network operators have
access to it, to collect totally anonymous (yeah, right) so-called
"telemetry" data about what people use the phone for, how frequently
you push what buttons, at what timeframes you send the most SMS
messages etc etc

It´s all for our own good. To catch the evildoers. We all want the
evildoers behind bars (or a few feet below the ground), right?.

FC

--
"The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers."
Richard Hamming - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamming_code