[LINK] Latest SPAM/SCAM - "Telstra" Service Cancellation Notice.

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Dec 13 13:52:31 AEDT 2011

At 11:07 AM 13/12/2011, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:

>Fortunately, Link's posting policy doesn't allow attachments otherwise I
>would have forwarded the email with dubious link. If anyone wants the URL I
>can provide it offlink. Note - it isn't a Telstra URL that I recognise!!!

I got one too. I get these spoofs from others, like banks and even
LinkedIn "someone sent you a message" emails. I have learned to hover
over the embedded links before clicking anything. The domain will
usually give it away. Sometimes in places like Poland or Russia or Taiwan.

Frank blamed Telstra. I wouldn't. Spoofs are spoofs. Nothing to do
with the company/org that it is purported to come from. They're just
as much the victim in terms of reputation impact as the receiver is.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/