[LINK] So this is Christmas and Imagine all those people.....Re: Australia, Second Class Citizens, according to EMI

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Wed Dec 14 09:42:37 AEDT 2011

Tom Koltai wrote:
> I was cruising youtube as you do... And came across this little ditty,
> by the Beatles:
>
> John Lennon's: So this is Christmas.

This along with Imagine is in the John Lennon collection on Vinyl that I
dig out, of my very limited CD and Vinyl collection, each year and play on
my "Retro" turntable. The vinyl has

"Original Sound Recordings made by EMI Recrds Ltd: except Original sound
recordings made by The David Grafton Company This compilation (p) 1982 by
EMI Records Ltd."...EMI Logo and Fine print and
LENONO Music

Noting Google isn't a disinterested party in this, Googling LENONO Music
reveals

"This video is no longer available due to a coyright claim by Lenono
Music...Sorry about that....
<http://www.chartattack.com/news/2011/apr/06/yoko-onos-publishing-company-blocks-stephen-harpers-imagine-video-on-youtube>

NOTE: May accuses Harper of breaking law over Kyoto..
<http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/story/2011/12/13/pol-may-kyoto.html>

 > Soundtracks for
 > Imagine: John Lennon (1988) More at IMDbPro ?
 >
 > Please note that songs listed here (and in the movie credits) cannot
always be found on CD soundtracks. Please check CD track details for
confirmation.
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095360/soundtrack>

 > Friday, June 13, 2008
 > Art Space Law: Imagine Fair Use
 > Gary Schuster, an attorney with Jacobowitz & Gubits, LLP (Walden , New
York), has once again offered his time and knowledge-- this time concerning
fair use.

 > Imagine Fair Use
 > By Gary M. Schuster...
<http://myartspace-blog.blogspot.com/2008/06/art-space-law-imagine-fair-use.html>

Googling "So this is Christmas" reveals 2007 &8 versions by Celine Dion
which play ok:

Celine Dion - So This Is Christmas (Eng. Subs) Celine Dion - So This Is
Christmas (Eng. Subs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf8db3Vz95I

CELINE DION - SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bO1CVPWRA

Trying to get the lyrics - the fourth link Google threw up resulted in a
very unpleasant experience. AVOID www <dot> lyrics007 <dot> com !!!!!

Ringtones here:
<http://www.leoslyrics.com/john-lennon/so-this-is-christmas-lyrics/>

Marghanita