[LINK] NextG Wireless Stays Up As NBN Fibre Broadband Crashes

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Feb 4 12:35:04 AEDT 2011

Jan Whitaker wrote:
<snip>
> Some were using NextG for remote broadcast for Skype on an iPhone. It
> was CRAP! They oo-ed and ah-ed a lot, but then were only up for a
> couple minutes at a time. That was on ch7. I wondered why they didn't
> have a commercial QoS service if they were going to rely on Skype,
> which they do have. This was amateur hour stuff.
<snip>

The point of Skype is that it avoids the costs of premium
(QoS) guaranteed video or phone links.

It was interesting that voice links are still being in the
quarantined in the wireless NBN configuration being
discussed. The aggregation of these channels offers video -
the rest is subject to contention - hope the emergency
people weren't contending with the media broadcasts.

There was discussion about the spectrum available for NBNCo
wireless.

Marghanita da Cruz
http://ramin.com.au
Tel: 0414-869202