[LINK] Internet Explorer 9

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Sat Feb 12 11:21:55 AEDT 2011

Hi Rachel,

On 12/02/2011, at 10:57 AM, Rachel Polanskis wrote:

> I have been "migrated" to exchange 2010 for my email.   While I eventually succumbed
> to being moved from all UNIX mail to an IMAP mailbox in exchange 2003,
> it actually worked OK, if you discounted the onerous tools used to access the calendar.
>
> Now, on 2010, I had to ditch PINE and try ALPINE and still I cannot decode 70% of attachments and get encoding and MIME errors in many emails.   So I started using
> the exchange adaptor in the iPad and also good old Apple mail and that seems to work
> for calendar and mail quite well.
>
> But I use Solaris at work and none of the tools I used last year have functioned correctly.
> And I cannot even get Evolution to work properly as the plugin doesn't work on the
> architecture I am using.

Have a look at Davmail, http://davmail.sourceforge.net/.

"Ever wanted to get rid of Outlook ? DavMail is a POP/IMAP/SMTP/Caldav/Carddav/LDAP exchange gateway allowing users to use any mail/calendar client (e.g. Thunderbird with Lightning or Apple iCal) with an Exchange server, even from the internet or behind a firewall through Outlook Web Access."

Carl.