[LINK] Points, lines & curves

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Mon Feb 14 15:10:08 AEDT 2011

On 13/02/2011 6:37 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> ... I'm just raising issues that could
> avoid rebuilding things in the long run.
Which is a good argument for avoiding fixed-point wireless. Nobody
honestly believes that it will meet our needs for the foreseeable future.

> Technology doesn't have to
> be replacing in all circumstances all the time.
Which is not a good argument for maintaining obsolescent and decaying
infrastructure when more capable infrastructure is established.

> Which has less risk, ...
Risk aversion can be taken to unhealthy extremes.
> which has better use of resources, ...
My point precisely.

--
David Boxall                    |  Drink no longer water,
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for thy stomach's sake ...