[LINK] Death of Moore's Law Will Cause Economic Crisis

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Wed Mar 23 11:02:19 AEDT 2011

People have been prophesying the end of Moore's Law for some time.  The main issue has been not a particular technology but the ultimate scaling issues - reaching one atom wide pathways, transistors.  It's likely that we will find ways around it, be it perhaps 3D chips, photonics, something biological, or even just multiple chips - parallel processing...

Michio Kaku should know that what looks impossible now may not look so in the future.  He wrote a book about things we can do now or will shortly be able to do that everyone thought would be completely impossible a few decades ago.