[LINK] Death of Moore's Law Will Cause Economic Crisis

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Mar 23 12:39:36 AEDT 2011

At 12:15 PM 23/03/2011, Tom Koltai wrote:
>The Primer group defines
>system as a family of relationships among the members acting as a whole.
>Von Bertalanffy defined system as "elements in standing relationship.

Good as far as it goes, but system needs to be viewed as part of the
largest whole that has an impact or upon which the considered local
system can have an impact. That's where the triple bottom line comes
in. It's not just the good of the business itself, but of the
business in context of its social system (customers, regulators,
suppliers) and the even wide system of the environment from which we
all sustain life, including business. And a more advanced view is
that each of these have equal status because of this interdependence.
If business starts with itself at the centre, even that can cause
problems for that business. This is a broader view of system to one
of an ecological system than just looking at the immediate members.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/