[LINK] And across the finish line is.... 60GHz ISM

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Thu Nov 24 09:18:52 AEDT 2011

Err the problem with Bluetooth 3.0 (I know you said usb 3.0 - I'm
extrapolating) is it's only a hundred metres at 25 Mbps (max).

UWB is 640 Mbps at 3-8 metres omni but up to about 1.4 km beamformed.

The idea of transferring a movie (Debbie does...) peer to peer between
school chums on the playground in under a second is not going to
disappear in a hurry I'm afraid. In fact I'm confident it will become
the defacto standard.
Hey bro, here's the playlist of what I watched last night... (including
all of the content with the adverts video redo'd out.)

Feel free to quote me...

TomK