[LINK] Jobs not all bad

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:52:40 AEDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 02:32, Marghanita da Cruz
<marghanita at ramin.com.au> wrote:
> Though Apple likes non-standard connectors. I guess Firewire was for
> digital video camera support for quicktime?

Exactly, DV digital cameras.
Digicams back then stored digital video on tape, and the only way to
get those images to a computer was by hooking em via Firewire.
That was around 2005. But certainly feels like decades ago. :-/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DV

I remember some even created software that allowed the use of a DV
video camera with firewire as back-up media for the computer.

FC