[LINK] The terahertz band and CMOS chips

TKoltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Tue Apr 24 22:22:02 AEST 2012

Oops, yep 60 Hz is the USA, sorry Karl.

>  Is 50Hz also a harmonic of 6MHz?

Um possibly, but I would need to look it up. Physics was never my strong
suit.
I suspect though that fractionally, 120th is not as strong as one
hundredth, so logically it would appear that we're better off than our
American cousins with approximately 1/6th less interference to synapse
activity. (If that's correct, it would explain a lot about Americans...
;-) and our stronger work ethic.

> I always feel relaxed in the country due to no mobile
> reception - no buggers to ring me up to discuss business (or
> anything else).
>
> Karl

Agreed, an excellent excuse for a bush walk... I used to live in Darwin
many moons ago (89-90) and occasionally I drove from Darwin to Adelaide
and back. I used to enjoy telling people that the best part of the drive
was that there was no cellphone coverage except for single analogue cell
coverage at Katherine, Tindal (after about 93), Tennant, Alice, Port
Pirie and that it was my thinking time.

There is something about driving on the open road under the most
brilliant night sky outside of Antarctica that no other country in the
world can come to close to emulating. (OK, maybe with the exception of
some roads in Argentina, New Zealand and Sud Africa - BUT the Stuart
highway is still the longest straightest road heading directly south
that I know of... (3000K South))
Lying on the warm bonnet under the stars just south of Marla bore, where
I used to stop for a coffee at around 1:30 am and looking up had a
rejuvenating charging effect that I am unable to explain in any other
way except to use the words... WOW and OMG WOW.

TomK