[LINK] Computing in Schools Report from The Royal Society

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Fri Feb 3 11:11:48 AEDT 2012

On 2/02/2012 4:18 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 04:07 PM 2/02/2012, David Boxall wrote:
>
>> On those criteria, I reckon Computer Science warrants more resources
>> than Nursing Science.
>
> Actually, in terms of social needs, nursing is an occupation where we
> need more people sooner.  ...
Yes, no, maybe. Do students need education in Nursing Science more than
they need it in Computer Science?

[mode=Total Cynic]
Nursing tends to extend lives. From my observations of the way the world
has degraded over my lifetime, I've come to the conclusion that the
human population passed the limit of long-term sustainability some time
before 1950. Extending lives adds to the population; it's therefore
undesirable. It could thus be argued that Nursing Science should be banned.
[/mode]
;-)
--
David Boxall                         | "Cheer up" they said.
http://david.boxall.id.au            | So I cheered up and,