[LINK] Role of Government in National ICT Policy

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 27 10:52:31 AEDT 2012

Jan,

I have decided not to bestow credibility on the speed by reporting it as
news.

Mr Fletcher probably didn't expect what he received after the speech,
which was a well-informed and demanding media audience, rather than the
house-trained denizens of the Canberra gallery.

Whatever may appear from the content of the speech, the empty-shell
nature of the LNP policy became clear under questioning; Mr Fletcher
declined or dodged so many questions as to alienate a great many
journalists present in the audience.

RC