[LINK] One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) Program

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Fri May 25 11:14:43 AEST 2012

On 25 May 2012 08:20, Tom Worthington <tom.worthington at tomw.net.au> wrote:
> On 24/05/12 14:49, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
>
>> ... OLPC Australia ... soon to release a comprehensive educational
>> programme that is
>>
>> based heavily on teacher training and enablement. We call it One
>> Education: http://www.one-news.org/2012/02/one-education.html
>

> I see the 'One Education' approach already includes an online social network
> for teachers and lesson ideas linking for the national curriculum. These
> look very useful, but where are the details published?

It's currently based at https://www.yammer.com/australianxoteachers/

I can send you an invitation if you'd like to take a look.

>> We are also engaged in continuous (and increasingly detailed)
>> evaluation, working with researchers ...
>

> The OLPC evaluation sounds good, but where are the results published?

Real evaluation takes time. Any 'results' published at this stage
would not be useful.

Sridhar

--
"Our mission is to enhance learning opportunities for over 500,000
primary school aged children by providing each one with a connected XO