[LINK] Tablets, smartphones and PCs

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Nov 27 11:25:10 AEDT 2012

At 08:41 AM 27/11/2012, Tom Worthington wrote:
>For upper secondary and university students, I would see a 11.6 inch
>laptop being about right. If it also has a touch sensitive screen which
>can fold over the keyboard, it could function as a tablet as well. The
>student would connect it to a big screen for
>desktop use.

The ads for these are appearing on tv now. I can't remember what
brand they are. They are convertables. The ads show a lady getting on
a train and turning her laptop into a tablet as she is moving with
the screen staying the same as she does. It may be smoke and mirrors
but it looks very cool.

There are different types of creativity input: text,
'finger-painting' art/drawing (at a range of detail), calculator
numbers, musical devices as Rachel and others pointed out, voice,
photography -- have I missed any? Different devices do different
things more easily than others. I'm not sure the perfect all-purpose
device has been developed yet. But we are getting close. Is this
really what was meant by 'convergence'?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com