[LINK] My letter to the local paper

Rick Welykochy rick at vitendo.ca
Mon Jul 23 17:50:56 AEST 2018

Orwell (Blair) was writing about 1948, but titled his book 1984 to avoid persecution.
What he wrote about had already come to pass. If the past is fake news, then the writers
of history have won some sort of war.

"Fake news" was a mere speck of what Orwell was railing against. Think Newspeak,
the related double speak, mind control, revisionism, totalitarianism, mental and physical
enslavement, that sort of thing and I think you'll see a broader picture of Eastern Europe
at the time.

--
Rick Welykochy

It is a gorgeous gold watch. I'm proud of it.
My grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch.
     -- Woody Allen