[LINK] VoIP and internet services

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat Apr 27 08:54:15 AEST 2019

I suggest looking in https://whirlpool.net.au/

> ... trial a VoIP provider ...

When I got FTTC, I signed up for the optional land-line phone service,
and also tried VoIP. The ISP's phone worked fine, the VoIP was fiddly,
and unreliable.

But the only calls I got on the "home" phone were from telemarketers. So
I canceled the service, and used my mobile. I have not missed having a
home phone in the subsequent seventeen years.

If I needed a home phone, I would get a "fixed wireless desk phone".
These look like a wired phone, but have the electronics of a mobile
inside, and use a SIM card.
https://www.seniorsphone.com.au/product/fixed-wireless-3g-desk-phone-big-button-3g-senior-phone/

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National University
https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington