[LINK] .nsw.gov.au and privacy

David dlochrin at aussiebb.com.au
Thu Mar 5 13:47:15 AEDT 2020

On 2020-03-05 12:33, Kim Holburn wrote:

> Interesting.  But in the second sentence, they are still guaranteeing the site follows NSW government responsibilities.  The first sentence is problematical.

Call me a cynic, but I doubt the phrase "entitled to expect" has any force at all.
"Your information wasn't treated as you were entitled to expect?"
"Dear me, we do apologise..."

> What do they mean by links?

Indeed so, it could be argued that information copied to Google Analytics isn't "linked" in the HTML sense.

But according to Privacy Badger, the page https://www.nsw.gov.au/privacy-statement/ contains eight potential trackers:
2x flagged red:
   www.google-analytics.com
   bam.nr-data.net
2x flagged yellow:
   cdnjs.cloudflare.com
   www.facebook.com
4x the Badger hasn't learned to track yet, including:
   www.googletagmanager.com
   connect.facebook.net
and five others which don't appear to be tracking me so they may be internal to Service NSW.

Privacy Badger starts blocking once it sees the same tracker on at least three different websites. Three strikes and it's coded red and blocked.

David