[LINK] Provide Online Informed Consent for COVID-19 Vaccinations

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Jul 20 09:43:26 AEST 2021

On 16/7/21 10:49 am, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> ... That's what doctors and consulting is for. ...

Yes. The federal vaccination website asks:

	"Do you have a past history of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST),
heparin induced thrombocytopenia (HIT), idiopathic splanchnic
(mesenteric, portal, splenic) vein thrombosis or antiphospholipid
syndrome with thrombosis?"

If you answer "Yes" it recommends not having the Astrazeneca vaccine.
But it would be useful if there was some less technical description of
these conditions. However, if the patient is unsure what these are, they
have the option of asking a doctor.

However, we need to get the bulk of the population vaccinated, to lessen
the risk of a widespread outbreak overwhelming our health system, and
killing thousands of people.

Even without a large scale disease outbreak, the measures in place to
prevent it may be more harmful than the side effects of the vaccination.
So far the limited research undertaken indicates no increase in suicides
in Australia due to COVID-19 measures, but that may not last.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1753-6405.13132

Also Australia has been combating COVID-19 under benign conditions,
which could change. This would be much more difficult during a large
scale natural disaster, war, or cyber attack.

--
Tom Worthington