Sindaun

Bryant Allen bryant.allen at anu.edu.au
Fri Nov 24 19:10:58 EST 2000

Re John's comments:
'Sindaun' is used commonly to mean something like 'quality of life' or
'standard of living'. E.g. 'sindaun bilong mipela em i no gut' = 'we do not
live good lives'. Or ' sindaun bilong yupela wetman, em i gutpela tru'=
'Europeans have a high standard of living'.

It can also refer to the location of an object. 'Haus bilongen, em i
sindaun antap long wanpela liklik maunten' = His house is on a small hill.

Even in 'sindaun gut' it means more than just sit down, more like 'make
yourself comfortable'.

You might try one of the web based 2nd hand book shops for a copy of Mihalic.